Friday 7 October 2011

A few SAT-I TEST Reports

Post from Zami:


The exam was much easier than I had anticipated. The vocabulary questions of the Critical Reading section, had me worried for months. But during the exam I found them unexpectedly easy. The Writing section was pretty straightforward as well. The only problems I did have was the Math Section, there were some very tricky questions at the end of each section that took most of my time, I even went back to them during the free time I had after the other sections. The essay topic was also a bit stingy to my mind, but I managed to tackle it somehow.


Post from Prianka: 


I think the critical reading section went alright and I had full concentration on all the passages unlike last time,the writing section was alright too I think where I got a lot of time to plan and find references for the essay but the maths section was just horrible. My experimental section was maths and by the time I reached my fourth section of maths I was quite frustrate.I could not finish them on time as a result I left out six questions.The maths did seem much harder than the ones I faced in my last SAT exam. 


Post from Protik:


The October 1st SAT exam didn't go as I would have liked. I was having trouble with time. I need to read more items everyday to accelerate my reading speed. I will be working on it as I prepare for SAT II. I do not expect a very high score this time. But this test has been a good indicator of what the real SAT is like. It has made me more cautious for the December Exam.

Post from Sadia Jeny:



I was physically fine on test day and the invigilators gave us three breaks (each after consecutive two sections).I had less problems with vocabulary on test day(unexpectedly);I got four math sections,one of which was the experimental section.Maths at the beginning were easy but from lets say no.17 they became very logical and time seemed to run away from me.Nevertheless I completed them.Critical reading passages were lengthy and slightly easier,I mean the answers looked predictable,but you never know what's right in SAT.Writing was alright for me except section 10 where time was very short and questions too many.I didn't get much time to recheck all my answers during the test.


Post from Tanzid:



The exam was better than I had expected. I was tensed and had very little sleep on the night before the exam (the same thing also happened before my first AS exam).The math and writing sections were not difficult. The essay topic was bland and I had a hard time figuring out some good points to put into it. Out of the 3 critical reading sections, the first one was the hardest and I lost my focus several times because of all the noise. I think it was partly due to the fact that I was unaware of the SAT exam condition of Notre Dame College and I was seated right under the invigilator's nose . Now that I am aware, I will have a head start on the December SAT-1 exam (I also hope that I get one of those seats at the back).


No comments: