Wednesday 29 September 2010

Sir,

I have an outrageous demand. More of a request actually.

In quite a few previous classes, you have traversed Bengali Literature (Rabindranath's Chinnopotro is one that I can recall) through intercontextualization. From that I gather that it was not really a digression to discuss Bengali Literature (of course only slightly) in SAT class. Keeping that in mind, I must make an absurd request for you to hold a discussion one day of a duration of your choice, on a poem of Jibanananda Das, AAT BOCHOR AGER EK DIN.

SAT is knocking on the door so I guess it's not possible before October 10. I am almost entirely sure that my wish will remain unfulfilled, because it probably seems useless and fruitless and unnecessary and digressive and disturbing and redundant (I am lost for adjectives at this point) to do so, but I felt it necessary to voice it anyway.

I hope the mail did not enrage you in anyway and I'd like to reassure you that my focus is almost entirely on SAT-I now; this was just something that I needed to send out to you and get it out of my mind.

Here's hoping the class does come one day, (maybe after January 15 if not possible before?)

Anik

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its really good to see people showing interest in bangla literature. if that discussion is to occur, i'm definitely not going to miss it by any chance!
arman