Monday 22 August 2011

Very Important Message to All Other Students


  1. Sir, The SAT tests i am solving at home aren't helping much as after giving 5 or 6 tests there are no improvement in the marks I am scoring. I think that after reading more and learning the word meanings then i should sit down for a Test so then i might be rewarded with some improvement. So will I study meanings more and read more items or will I continue to give constant Tests. I have to either do any one of them as the Test takes to about 5 hours in one day and then there is the Test corrections taking 1 or 2 hours more. Doing both is not possible at all in one day even if i reduce my sleep. So would you please suggest which one to do? 
    1. My Reply: If you say something is NOT possible - don't you ever approach me again.
    2. Student's Response: Well I predicted that you will get mad. Anyway I guess I will have to reduce my sleep further and further till I can make it possible. I see no other way.
  2. Sir,

    I've been doing the tests. I'm currently done with Princeton 11's sixth test. My test timings are getting better. But sir, in critical reading, I still have a gap in my way of perceiving a passage and responding to it. Somewhere lies a difference between what the question asks and what I answer. But thankfully, my mistakes -I feel- follows a similarity.

    Maybe I need a little bit of your help personally when you come back. Would you please make me sit with you one day, make me solve 3 critical reading sections in front of you, and help me analyze my lacking? A little time for one day would be very helpful.

    MY RESPONSE:

    Becoming dependent on me is the last thing I want you to do. I will give you as many hours as you need - BUT NOT for SOLVING critical reading sections.

    I am sure you get my point.

No comments: