Tuesday 30 August 2011

A progress report! Identity undisclosed


Sir,

I just wanted to let you know my progress. My math sections are going well, the raw score almost reaches close to the maximum and i am able to maintain mistake counts of 2 or 3. After doing some princeton's 11 test my writing section has improved, even though the time management is pretty much the same but the frequency of mistakes has decreased.

Unfortunately in the critical reading section the part where we have to choose appropriate words is not much improving as it requires a very strong and wide vocabulary. Even though in some sentences I am clearly able to predict what word should fit in but the lack of knowledge of the words given causes me to skip those unless I can make an educated guess. The comprehension always varies, if it is easy or anyway related with science then I am able to achieve good scores but whenever the passage is tough my scores drastically drop and mantaining within the time frame becomes extremely tough. Up till now I have not been able to finish the whole critical reading section nor the writing sections within the time limit even if they are easy. I am hoping more improvements are yet to come through the SAT tests.

No comments: