Saturday 13 August 2011

Dhaka in the Past - One of the sweetest mails I received

When I saw the pictures of our old Dhaka, at that time I was thinking of my Fupa, he always talks about how dhaka city used to be, empty, old but yet stylish, he talks about the old cars which used to be there and how he loved those cars. When I saw the pictures, I felt he was so right about all the descriptions he gave. This image of Dacca was always in my imagination, on my mind, as, when he told me the stories I kept imagining the city and environment, and yesterday I felt like my imagination took the form of all those images being projected on the screen. Before, the city used to be enriched with culture and fine old architecture, but modernisation is making them gradually disappear; only few remains but still there is no proper maintenance. The image of Dhaka city has completely changed - probably for good. 


I felt like entering into that world through the pictures I saw on the screen.

Sir if you don't mind, may I please bring my pendrive to copy those pictures, I want to show them to my Fupa and Dad.



Lamia


Yes Lamia, Please bring your pendrive.

No comments: