Wednesday 5 October 2011

Finding the Voice and Others

Dearest Sir,

I do not consider my last summer to be worthy because I could not spend much time with you and share my thoughts. Anyways, there is always a next time, though it seems far away but we will get there if we survive. I am taking two literature classes this semester and every time I go to those classes, I can not help but think of you and your classes. It makes me feel alive to hear my own voice in class. My professor once told me ' so you found your voice'... after hearing it, I was wondering my voice, where was it.. it was always there and now I finally learned to use it.. I can not help but think when I read Chopin, Ibsen, Yasmina Reza ( yes my long lost sister ;p) , Edgar Alan Poe and many other literary bodies.  reading their writings makes me think more about life..

The best part about my college life is that I can finally breathe in open air..something that I could not do back home.. I had to travel thousands of miles just to breathe freely.. 

Nabila

Additional Notes:

"Finding your own voice" at the application essay can mean a difference between a very strong-honest-convincing writing and an essay that is rather a "faceless persona".

A fine essay that will earn you your admission-financial aid in the US can ONLY come as a result of accepting a lot of struggle - without being pushed for it.

I am sure that all of us who will work through these coming 90 days will enjoy the aftereffects of the SHOCK at least few MEANINGFUL decades that lay all of you.

In solidarity,

Shahidul Mamun

Sample SAT-II Scheduling


24th
Oct
*Mathematics Diagnosis Test (from any of the books)
*Princeton Book review: (Arithmetic, Algebra, Plane Geometry, Solid Geometry, Coordinate Geometry).
*Physics Review from Princeton New Edition. (Mechanics)
25th
Oct
*Princeton Book review: (Trigonometry, Functions, Statistics and sets, Miscellaneous.)
*Princeton review Mathematics Subject Test 1.
*Physics Review from Princeton New Edition. (Mechanics)
26th
Oct
*Princeton review Mathematics Subject Test 2. Full Princeton revision.

* Problem Identification.
*Kaplan Mathematics Test 1.
Sparknotes Book review: (Trigonometry, Functions, Statistics, Miscellaneous math)

*Solutions for problems from Princeton.
*Physics Review from Sparknotes.
(Modern Physics, Quantum Physics,
Optics)
27th
Oct
*Kaplan Mathematics Test 2.

*Sparknotes Book review: (Statistics, Solid Geometry, Coordinate Geometry Plane Geometry, Algebra, Arithmetic)
*Sparknotes Problem identification.

*Sparknotes Test 1.
*Physics Review Test from Princeton New Edition. Subtle revision of the books.
28th
Oct
*The result day.
*Sparknotes full revision.

*Sparknotes Test 2.
*Sparknotes Test 3
*Physics Review Test from Sparknotes.
29th
Oct
*Sparknotes Test 4
*Sparknotes Test 5

Undecided.
Undecided.
30th
Oct



31st
Oct



01st
Nov







No comments: